Sunday, August 9, 2009

Scout Camp...

I went up Thursday for the last couple days of Scout Camp with Luke. I got there about 6:40pm and Luke saw me walking towards their camp. He came up to me and gave me a hug and said he missed me. He also asked about the family and the animals. He asked who was missing him and that he missed everyone. He said he was having fun and that he wanted to work up there next year. They were at Boone this year and is much better than Ephraim that they had last year. They had already had dinner but I grabbed McDonald's on the way up. I was craving a double cheese burger and some fries. They went to do the Honor Trail while I set up my camp. I brought our wagon so it made it easier. The two Scout Masters had seen the article in the paper and during the night while sitting around they started asking me questions. It was all good. That night a kid by the name of Duncan Todd argued with the Scout master about dumb stuff. Three of the kids were on meds for A.D.D. It was very trying for the Scout Master. I watch one of them take some of Luke's snacks when he wasn't looking. Three of Luke's sock pairs were taken. There was fighting over stuff like hammers and other dumb stuff.

The next day we got up and went to breakfast. We had two small pancakes, apple sauce, two thin slices of bacon. Not a whole lot. Then I went with Luke to wrap up Indian Lore. He did some leg wrestling and stick pulling. We then went to Pioneering and he learned how to tie some hitches. Then we went to rifle shooting where he learned how to clean a gun. Then came lunch which was a turkey and Swiss sandwich, pasta salad that was vinegary so Luke didn't like it and I ate his. There was an apple and when I bit into it after a couple of bites I noticed something weird. The seed had sprouted in the apple. Looked really gross and rotted. I was still hungry so I went and made a PB&J. We just hung around after that. Then they started games and Luke went around playing games. One was a Ninja game that was interesting. He had tons of fun. That night we had pizza and bread sticks. I actually got full from that. Then we had the closing ceremonies and retired the flag. It was very nice. That night we had Dutch Oven cobbler with huckleberries, black berries, and blue berries. It was yummy.

The next day we packed up to leave and the entire time it rained. It got to the point were the way out was a muddy mess. I was soaked because I didn't bring my poncho. I had to grab Luke's for him.

All in all it was a good time. Luke had tons of fun which was important. He did get sunburned at the very end. He looks worn out today. We are going to look into him working up there next year.

Cheers,
John...

No comments:

Post a Comment