Monday, May 28, 2012

Jake's e-mail for today...


So nothing too interesting happened this week. All of investigators who had a date for baptism are being pushed back because of some problems they have. So it looks like just the one for now. Man people can be stubborn here. Oh well I'm learning patience. So how are things at home? I got really trunkie yesterday but I don't remember why? And thanks for the recipes. Because I'm cooking more here than I did at home. Your trip sounds super fun. It's almost like my mission. There is a lot of rain and mud. We walk everywhere. We can see our breath in our house. I have panic attacks. Sounds just the same. But you had food, a heater, cars, you know the basics. Ha ha it's true but I love it here. That is so cool you got some responses and stuff. Sounds like a success in my book. 

Don't worry about the people that are difficult. For example in the first book of Nephi. Nephi and his brothers wanted to wooo some one to get the prize (the plates of brass). They tried everything worldly to woo him. They gave him all of their riches. But the thing that worked is that Nephi didn't change his attitude or his actions but he put his trust in the lord and the lord blessed him. So all we need to do is put our trust in the lord and not change our values or who we are to obtain the prize. But it's also true that Nephi had to kill someone too (hint hint...just kidding). And in doctrine and covenants section 58 verses 3 to 5 I think. It says that there are blessings for us that we can't even imagine. And if we endure the trials that come along with it. And the more tribulations the more blessings we receive. And in D&C 121 it's the story of Joseph Smith in prison and the lord talks to him saying that all of the difficulties and trial he has is for his benefit and learning. So I hope this spiritual thought has helped. And if you want the other end to tell 'you know who' off I have that too. Scriptures about having secret meetings and changing to get gain. Really good stuff. My companion is really good with 'bajar la caƱa' (telling someone off). But it's always the same person being a chupa media (sucking sock, but here it means brown noser, suck up, etc.). But just endure with the biggest smile you have and it will all work out. It's kind of weird to think but I have changed a lot. I'm not as annoying and childish like back home. My humor has changed. I don't use the Salmond humor as often. I don't know it feels like I'm becoming a man. That and I'm loosing a ton of weight. Hopefully when I get home I will be another person. Well that's all I have to say today. Love ya'll

-- 
Con Amor  Elder Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment