Monday, May 28, 2012

Jake's e-mail from 5/21/2012


So on Saturday we had a baptism. Whooooooooooooooooooooooo hoooooooooooooooo. It was a little chubby nine year old named Franco. He is super cool. He knows a lot about the church because his mom is a member less active. And a couple of days before there was a problem. He said he likes to drink beer. And he is 9 years old. What the heck. So we talked to him and dropped the Cain a little. And he said he would live the word of wisdom. So that was good. My companion performed the baptism and the confirmation. Which is ok. And it has been the first baptism in our area for 6 months. That is a long time. But we have 3 more coming in the next couple of weeks. I'm so happy right now, I might vomit...just kidding. And a couple of weeks ago the youth went to the temple and I asked them to pick up some stuff for me from the distribution center. Like cool pamphlets or DVDs or book. Just whatever. And they said there easy literally nothing. I guess people from Argentina come in and buy everything when a new shipment comes in. so you have to get in there before they do. So it was a bummer but what can you do. And I bought my sleeping bag today to. It's not the very best but it will be sufficient for my needs. And I'm trying to find a new backpack too. Mine is super awesome but it is too big. Walking around with it on makes my back sweaty even though it is cold. So when I take it off I get super cold. And a lot of time there is literally no room in a member's house to put my backpack. So I'm looking for a new one. I have a very specific one in mind but I haven't found it yet. And one of my zone leaders asked if it would be ok if we stayed in the same area as a companionship. We both told him yes. But I doubt it will be executed. But I guess we will see. Two of the other missionaries say that I'm going to be training next change. But I don't feel ready for that and it's too early in my mission. When you get to be a trainer you have a "kid" and you are called the dad. It's a tradition here. But I'm not ready to have a kid...jajaja. So in the last email you mentioned a game called hearts. How do you play that? And could you guys make a list of your favorite scriptures and an explanation of why and send it to me. I just love stuff like that. Well not much else going on here. Love you all bye... oh and did you find more pictures on my phone?

-- 
Con Amor  Elder Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment