Monday, May 28, 2012

Jake's e-mail from 5/7/2012


Ok so I just read a little that you wrote this week and I'm going to answer some questions that you have that are important. First is that on the 13th of May. This Sunday. I will be using Skype if one member will let me use it. If not just be by the phone. I will call in the afternoon or in the night a little. But I won't call in the morning or before or during church. Your time there is 3 hours behind here. So just be by your ipad or have the phone free. It was actually bad because in the announcements last week it said we would be calling tomorrow but we called president to see what is going on. He said they messed up and it's actually on the 13th. That is why I haven't really given details or it seems like I'm rushing things. So sorry for that. But I'm hoping really bad that I can use Skype. I'm about 85 percent sure that I will be able to. Oh and thanks for the photos from my phone. But I think more photos are in my phone. You can switch them to my memory card and then email them. My comp saw the picture of Felicity. He liked it...but I'm so glad we broke up. I don't want to get distracted. It's good to be free. Plus I'm thinking of plans for my future. I still have the goal of 4 months to have a fiancé. Just kidding, but seriously. Ok, this weather here is so stupid its back to ridiculous heat. But last week I was dying from the cold. What the heck. I just want it to be cold. But at night it's generally cold. So that helps. And about the draft thing. I was going to lie and say that I did it but to tell the truth I don't remember doing it. It may have been when we registered me to vote or something. Honestly I don't know. And you could you do me a favor. Could you send a book of how to play the piano for dummies? Or something like that. I want to expand the horizon of my skills and I think the piano would be a good start. A lot of missionaries learn how to play in the mission. One could start playing hymns in sacrament after 6 months of practice. So I want to learn. And it's crazy because I really don't remember anything from before my mission. Like movies, music, stories, books, or stuff like that. I don't know why. It can get frustrating if I want to reflect upon a good movie but don't remember it. Am I going crazy? And it's the same with my speaking ability. I'm in the phase that a lot of missionaries go through. I don't remember Spanish or English very well. Ahhhhhh...........

Another thing I want to mention is that Luke needs to start preparing for the mission. Unlike me I want him to be prepared. And not have to worry about learning everything a new, but have the skills and knowledge that a missionary needs. So encourage him to study preach my gospel and apply the things it says. And also there is DVDs that we use in the mission for training. They are called preach my gospel DVDs. there is a district 1 and a district 2. If you could buy these and have him watch and study them that could help with his preparation. I love you all. And I think I'm still going strong. I have two investigators with a date for baptism. I know they will be baptized. It's just the waiting that's the killer. I love you all.


Oh and I bought brass knuckles today...
-- 
Con Amor  Elder Salmond- capo, guapo, snaker

No comments:

Post a Comment