Monday, September 24, 2012

Jake's email today...


Well this week was good. We had a visit from Elder Vinas. He’s a 70. He talked to us about less actives and our ward. He kind of dropped some cain on some people. But overall the conference was good. Which reminds me we are going to have another visit from Elder Oakes the apostle. And I’m super excited for that one. And I’m also excited for General Conference. It seems like I just watched the other one. Time is flying by. And I just reached my 11 month mark too. I have almost a year. That is super crazy. I don’t get how I did it. It’s awesome. And this week was kind of boring because all of our investigators went out of town because it was school vacation. So we didn’t get any in church and hardly any lessons done this week. But I’m hoping that we are going to have success this week. And our investigator named Jonathan is super evangelical. And he bible bashed with my comp the other day. It was super weird and it almost lead into an argument. But it didn’t. So that was good. But we think he is being discouraged by his pastor. So he has all of these scriptures. Oh and the 17 point thing did help. Because I studied that a day before that lesson. So it helped me answer his questions and his scriptures. But evangelical people are weird. Their religion is loud and fast. They pray really intensely and it’s everyone at once. And they play rock music during their reunions. It’s cool that I have actually learned more about other religions and I can see that ours is even truer than those. But it also helps because I can defend the church better. And teach them what they need. But yeah. Cool stuff. And I’m in the point in my mission that I might go up to senor comp next change. But I don’t want to, because I don’t feel ready. But it’s what the lord wants. And my comp is called Elder Pyeatt and he is from New Mexico. And he’s not a bad guy. He just got into some bad habits from some of his other comps. But he’s doing a lot better now. We are working a ton. It’s just hard because our area has very few members. And all are too old to help out. They can’t walk or sometimes think straight. So it’s difficult to get some help from them. But yeah. It’s easy to find people here it’s just hard to teach them. They all are not home or don’t want anything after the first lesson. But it’s super easy to find people. Oh and today we played dodgeball and I got drilled right in the eye with my glasses on. They didn’t break. But man did it hurt. I couldn’t see for a good 10 minutes. And my face got all red and swollen. But it’s just a fun story now. I’m good. It doesn’t hurt too bad now. And I also spilled all the beans about the Bigfoot stuff to our house. Super funny. I’m getting everyone interested. I have told them some info and some stories. And even the elder from Paraguay is even interested. The other two elders actually slept in our room last night to hear some more stories. And I think they were scared. But they wouldn’t admit it. And they are my zone leaders. Ya I live with them. I don’t know if you knew that. And thanks for the photos. I look sooooooo weird in them. I didn’t recognize myself. Super weird. But they are cool and I’m going to show them to members. Well that’s all for this week. Bye!!!!!

--
Con Amor  Elder Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment