How is everything going back home? It’s good here. I had a good week. The area is starting to pick up and it’s nice. We actually have an investigator now who speaks English perfectly. She is 22 years old and she lived in the states for 10. She lived in Georgia I think. But she totally has a southern accent. It’s super cool. But she said that she has had a rough life and she has no family. So she went looking for God. And she eventually went to a Baptist church here. Then we found her. And we taught the restoration to her and she loved it. She had all sorts of questions. So we told her to pray to get an answer. And we asked if she were to receive it what should she do. And she responded that she would need to be baptized and go to the church. So we gave her a baptism date. I’m super excited. She is going to get an answer. She is. And we have this other investigator that plays the violin and paints. And he went to the United States. He has just a cool life. But he has known of the church for 50 years but has never gotten baptized. He knows a ton and is very interested. So I’m excited for that too. And many years ago President Heaton. The mission president served here in Uruguay for his mission. And this week we found one of his first converts. His name is Adan De Costa. He is super cool and he went to church yesterday. And we gave him the president’s number to see if he wants to call him. That was also very exciting. This week had just been good. We actually beat our district leader in numbers. I know it’s not about the numbers but its making me smile. It’s been a good week that I haven’t had in a long time. Wow this was a good week.
And can you give me some advice on how to teach and study. I feel that I’m lacking in those parts. And why haven’t I heard too much about dad’s mission. Like what’s your converts names and how many did he have. And the places. Any cool experiences. And can you send me some pictures of his mission so I can see them and show them to people.
Well I hope you feel better. That isn’t very good. Did you get a blessing? I’m sure you will feel better. Just a bummer that it happened from Red Robin. You should be careful. I bet I have gotten food poisoning here too but didn’t feel the effects for some reason. I eat meat here that I wouldn’t even look at back in the states. I have eaten horse, armadillo, weird meat that I don’t know the origin of. And a lot and a lot and a lot of rice and pasta. That is one thing I don’t want to eat at home. And everything is covered in mayo here. They use a bag every meal time and the bags are huge. It gets pretty intense here.
Well love you all and pray and read their scriptures. Most people take the scriptures for granted. I did all my life and now I can see that they are life changing. When I read them now I get my answers to my prayers and it’s different every time. I got a challenge. Everyone who starts and finishes the book of Mormon. Cover to cover by the end of the year, I will by a futbol jersey for them. And I will send them in a package to get there faster. And don’t cheat because that is against the rules. Don’t be late like I did to read the book of Mormon. It was a bad mistake. Well I love you all bye....
The challenge is for the family...
--
Con Amor Elder Salmond
Con Amor Elder Salmond
No comments:
Post a Comment