Well today is a lot different than other days. I’m going to explain why.
I received a text message from our zone leaders on Friday saying I
needed to go to Montevideo to sign legal papers to be in Uruguay. So
today at 2 in the morning I boarded a bus with my companion and
headed to the capital. It was only five hours. It was long and I didn’t
sleep that much either. It’s weird how awkward it is to ride in a car
when I haven’t ridden in one in 4 months. But I’m here in the terminal in
Montevideo called Tres Cruses. It’s the center for all mail and buses
here in Uruguay. If this place were to be destroyed the country would
fall apart. And there is a lot of places to buy stuff here. But I can’t
buy anything because my money was stolen. So I’m a little bummed, but
what can I do. And everyone from my group in the MTC too. We just
traded stories and stuff. It was nice. But I’m going to be spending all
day here in Montevideo, but the papers is only two hours long. So I
guess we are going to do site seeing. Oh I’m thinking of buying
McDonalds or Burger King. I’m so excited. But it’s so freaking expensive
here. Wow. It’s like 10 dollars for a combo. But I think it’s worth it.
It’s funny too because one of our companions in our house thinks I left
to do special changes. Because he saw the text and we explained that
there are problems so I had to switch areas real fast. He was bummed.
And he told everyone in the ward I was leaving too. How funny. So when
we told him it was a joke he was so mad. We have it on video too. And
now he has to explain to everyone that it was a joke. I laughed for a
long time on that one.
Well that is so cool that you had success at Squeaky Trees. I miss
squatching a lot but I’m here. It sounds like you had a blast. You
had a ton of activity and you may have seen one....oooo scary. Wow. Yo
quero etar con ustedes pero yo necasito estar aca. Entonces yo puedo
servir el señor. Tengo mucho animo y algnos veces esty triste. Les
extraño mucho. Pero la cosa es que tengo solamente 15 meses mas. Wow.
No puedo creer. Mi tiempo aca is muy importante para mi. Y tambien lo
siento si ustedes no entienden este español o yo no escribio muy bien.
Y yo escribio este español solo.
How did you like that Spanish? I hope you enjoyed it. So life is still
the same there huh. Interesting. Life here is a lot different from home.
More than I can explain. Everything is different here. From the people
to the sounds the dogs make. Because in the USA its bark but here its
wauw. Weird huh.
Well I hope you all have a good week and try your hardest to do what
is right. Sometimes it’s not easy but it’s worth it.
Wow I’m tired...bye
--
Con Amor Elder Salmond
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment