Well I
found out my change for 6 weeks..... Drum roll.....I'm staying in T-bo. Yippee.
I like it here and I'm glad I'm staying. And my companion is going to Colonia. It's
a place famous for the missionaries almost starving to death. The members don't
give anything to the missionaries and there is a lot of apostasy. But he will o
good. And I'm getting my first white companion. It's elder Williams. Yay. I
heard he is a big joker. And he's lost about 80 to 100 pounds in his mission. Wow.
Well I'm glad everything went well for the holidays and the parties and all. I just
worked. And it was awesome. We had 6 people in church and one is being baptized
this Saturday. The only problem is that his mom is really anti Mormon. So that
can be a problem. Oh and I went to a leather shop for a satchel and I put in
very specific details and the leather too. And we agreed on the price of 1300
pesos. So a week later I went to go pick it up and he asked me we agreed on 750
pesos. Is that right. So I said yes, paid the guy, and then ran out of there. So
my bag was 550 pesos less than the original price we agreed on. Heck ya! It's a
miracle or a sin, I don't know. But it's super nice and it's just big enough to
put all my books in. way cool. And today we played dodgeball as a zone and
during one of the matches I got drilled in the nuts hard. It dropped me. My
companion just called me a baby. But I didn't care. I just wanted to throw up. And
someone also stepped on my hand while I was down. But my balls hurt worse. Oh
and the thing with the memory card is that all of my photos are there but I
just can't see them. So my companion helped me fix it and now I have all of my
photos. I'm so relieved. Well what's new at home? Is it hot, because it's cold
here. oh and if you guys want an authentic Uruguay meal, just cook some plain
white rice and put mayo on top of it. And bam!! There is a common meal I eat. I
have eaten more oils, fats, and mayo here than my entire life. They put oil on
everything. And then put mayo on top of that. So I'm pretty used to it. And they
wonder why they have health problems. Well I hope everything is going good. Talk
to ya'll soon.....
--
Con Amor Elder Salmond
Con Amor Elder Salmond
No comments:
Post a Comment