Sunday, July 8, 2012

Jake's July 2, 2012


Well Montevideo was pretty fun. We went to a place called independence plaza. But in Spanish of course. And it was really cool. There is a really famous building there and I ended up being a couple of little things. Including a pipe to smoke weed. Cool huh. And we ate at California burrito. It was really expensive but super delicious. It was about 10 dollars for a little burrito. But it was worth it. And this is the only time that I need to sign legal papers. They just took my finger print and my signature. Pretty easy. But I really don’t like Montevideo because it’s too fast and I don’t feel special. Everyone as a white shirt and tie. But I don’t know about my money. It had to have been another missionary because nothing else was missing and it was only missionaries in our house. But don’t worry because I told president and he was furious about it. And I mean furious. So he’s going to deal with it. And this week I kind of got a break. Because two missionaries were doing service and one of them tagged his leg with a machete. So it was bad. So I told them to use my super glue to seal it. So they did and then he came to my house to rest it because our area had no plans that day. So I literally stayed in bed all day and watched movies. Our area had no plans because we dropped all of our investigators. But this missionary wanted to go to the hospital to get stitches but they said the super glue worked and wasn’t necessary. So we just stayed inside all day. Pretty fun huh. But the cut was super huge and I think you could see bone. It was on his shin. But I saw him today and he was playing soccer even though the doctors’ said not to walk on it for 3 days. And I also found 100 pesos in the street a couple of days ago. I guess I’m just lucky huh. Oh and I was given an email from the brother of another missionary. And in this email this man described step by step of how to get investigators to church. And well I followed those steps and we got 5 in the church this Sunday. I’m so happy. But also in this email this brother said in one area he had 170 baptisms and always 27 in the church. Wow. So if you could send advice of how to talk to people or contact or work with the members tell me please. We are kind of stuck again in this area. Love you allllllll bye....
--
Con Amor  Elder Salmond

No comments:

Post a Comment