Monday, April 16, 2012

Jake's e-mail for today...

These photos are mainly the pday I had today. All the ones with me in the plaid shirt are from today. Like me kicking a tree to my floating magic trick. Me sitting by a tree or lake. Ya we went all the way into the country for pday to have a picnic. And I also got 'drunk'. Ha-ha. And with the bandana we went to a party at one of the member's house. I think I described them all but if you have comments or questions let me know.







Well Easter here is a lot different because everyone sleeps during the entire week. It’s not just a one day holiday it’s all week. And it made it really hard for us because we didn’t have anyone answer their door. It was really frustrating. Even members didn’t answer their door. So that week went by a little slow but oh well. It’s the mission. And all we did for Easter was work. Nothing new or exciting. And it was kind of funny because I got sick and I took some Benadryl for my nose to clear out and let’s just say it worked, but I took two so it would work really fast. Well let’s just say that I don’t remember that day. All I remember is that it was raining and we visited a family called Roura. But other than that I don’t know. My companion said I was really sleepy and fell asleep a couple of times. Wow. And I think it did that because I’m already tired from everything else and that just pushed me over the edge. And it’s also weird because this has been the most tired I have ever been but yet I still have the strength to do what is necessary. Cool huuh. And yesterday we borrowed the bikes of our zone leaders to go in to the country more and it was really hilly and super far. And turns out that no one really lives out there. So that day was a little fun. But I got to see a lot of country which was nice. And about my speakers I bought those separate from my mp3 and they only cost 35 dollars. Which here is cheap. And it came with two speakers and a sub woofer. And it can get pretty loud. It’s just nice to hear music. 
And that is so cool that Luke turned 16. We are all growing up. Just think in 3 more years he will be in the mission. Cool. And that is some pretty nice stuff he got to. Especially the food. Because here they don’t have things like peanut butter or American candy. Wow. The food here is all pasta and rice. I think I have eaten rice or pasta everyday here. And it’s really nice when they put something on it. It’s usually a sauce called tuco. It’s a mix between taco meat and beef stew. And it has an ok flavor but not when you eat it all the time. That’s when it is nice when they change the recipe a little. But it’s mainly vegetables blended up not meat. But overall I freaking love my mission. I mean I wouldn’t trade it for anything in this world. I know it’s hard and different and hot but wow I learn or do something new each day. I love the people here too they are so nice and are willing to do anything for you. Even give you all they have to help. Which we decline but the people here are really poor. But there is something special here in the members that I haven’t seen anywhere else. It’s quite distinct and I’m loving it. I just love my mission and can’t describe how I feel when I think, hey I’m on a mission. I’m so glad I made the decision to come out here.
--
Con Amor  Elder Salmond- capo, guapo, snaker


No comments:

Post a Comment