Well I just wanted to let you know that I got your second package. I knew it was mine because it was covered in Catholic stickers. I wonder what people think of that? I love the packages it made my week. This one had the rest of the CDs in it. So I have been listening to them for a week straight. My companion likes to listen to them when we sleep. Ya and it’s really scary when you get woken up in the middle of the night by hidden Bigfoot sounds on your CD. Ya that was pretty scary to my companion. I got really sad because when I heard them it felt like I was camping again and we hit the jackpot of recordings, but then I realized it was my CD. But pretty funny, because my companion freaked out and didn’t know what the sounds were. So I had to explain to him the whole Bigfoot thing in Spanish. And the food in the packages is really yummy. It had been my dinners for the last week. Ahh it reminds me of home. So a couple of interesting things happened this week. First is one night when we were sleeping a huge storm rolled in and we had our windows open. And it started to pour rain. And we were both asleep. But my companion woke up at around 2 in the morning to use the bathroom. When he stepped on the floor it was wet. So he flipped on the lights and that woke me up. And there was about an inch of water in our entire apartment. So we scrambled to clean it up. Something amazing is that none of my stuff got wet, only one book. But my companions stuff was soaked. So there is an amazing blessing. So that was a fun experience. Then the next night another huge wind storm rolled in and almost blew our laundry in the street. So crazy storms. In fact during a storm in the day we got soaked and my companion’s umbrella got shredded by the wind and we saw a power line explode. It was awesome. And I had to talk in sacrament yesterday. That was intense. I didn’t write anything down. I just did it all out of my head. I chose the topic of faith. And it was hard, but I lasted a good 10 minutes. And people said I did a good job, but I think they were just being nice. And the thing about the pictures is that we are not allowed because we can’t look like tourists. And they say not to bring your camera with you because of the chance it might get stolen. Which reminds me of a story my companion told me. His first area was Montevideo and while he was there he was robbed three times. Twice with a gun to his head and another with a knife to his companion throat. Scary!!!!! So it’s safer to not carry it. And my companion being district leader means more meetings on P-day in Mercedes. So that’s a downside to it. And we have a zone conference in PaysandĂș on Tuesday. So that’s going to be interesting. It’s about a 3 to 4 hour bus ride. But we are staying in Mercedes tonight. So I have a feeling that I’m not going to get much sleep. And people down here get really mad when I speak English. For example Elder Elliot and I teach an English class to the youth. And one of the members of the bishopric came in and got really mad at us for speaking English, in an English class. Weird.
I have been really interested in the story of the First Vision lately. I read it all of the time. There are a lot of things we learn from it. But what I would like to focus on is that because of one simple question and faith a young boy got to see the father and the son in a vision that would forever more change the course of human kind. Just faith and a question. That is why faith is the first principle in the gospel of Jesus Christ. Without faith there is nothing. And faith is a principle of power. For example. The story of Alma and Amulek when they were in prison. Alma cried out "how long must we suffer when we have faith in Jesus Christ" and his prayers were answered because of his faith. The prison walls fell and everyone inside was killed except Alma and Amulek because of their faith. We can learn multiple things from this story. That God answers prayers, God helps us in times of need according to our faith and faith gives us great protection from immoral and spiritual danger. I know that faith is essential in all things we do and when we have faith all things are possible. So let us strive to increase our faith through study of the scriptures, daily prayer, and family home evening. And I know your faith will increase and your testimony as well. I share these things in the name of our beloved savior and redeemer of the world, even Jesus Christ. Amen.
CON AMOR Elder Salmond
PS. A couple more package ideas. The songs I can be your hero, I can see the light from Tangled, and hallelujah by Rufus Wright. And in one of your letters could you send me my CTR ring I forgot it at home. I think it has fallen behind my desk in my room. That would be much appreciated. Oh and thanks for the extra money as well. It will help a ton. Peace out....
Friday, February 17, 2012
Jake's e-mail for this last Monday...
Here is Jake's e-mail....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment