so this week was different because we went to PaysandĂș for a zone conference. it was a 3 hour bus ride. and it was at 5 in the morning. it was ok. I got really motion sick trying to sleep. but when we got there it was good. the conference was about the book of Mormon as a tool for conversion. it was really good. and I saw a buddy of mine from the MTC there. and we chatted. the conference lasted all day. and they gave us lunch of pizza and cookies and fries. it was so good I almost cried. and I had to share my testimony is Spanish. which wasn't really hard. but some of the newer missionaries struggled a little. nut they did good for how much time they have been in. The extra money you guys sent will be needed. I haven't broken into it yet but I will, because my companion spends all of his money about half way thru the month and I do a pretty good job of budgeting. but about this time he has no money and is always asking for mine. but I say no. and he always offers my money to buy stuff for activities and things like that. which sometimes I do buy stuff because I see that its ok, but other times it's just not necessary. so I tell him no and he gets mad at me but I really don't care it's not his money. and at first we used to share food but now I buy my own because he spends his money on junk food like cookies, crackers, and soda. but I like to spend mine on real food. and he eats all of his food as soon as we bring it home. so from now on I buy all my food. and he does whatever he wants. I mean he is a good guy but he gets on my nerves a lot and he is really hypocritical. probably the worst I have known, but I try to look past that and see him as a missionary. and ya he teaches me the ins and outs of missionary work, but not of Spanish, so I fell like I'm lacking in that area. and today is carnival so the entire town of Dolores is shut down. I mean the entire town. there is not one shop open and no one is one the street. it's really strange. and today its cooler because it's raining a lot. and it feels really good. and something cool my shoes are already starting to lose the tread on the bottoms, so that means I'm walking a lot I guess. and I have figured out that I have lost about 25 to 30 pounds. and my goal is to lose a lot less. and I think I will be able to do that. so how is winter I bet it's amazing. I have forgotten what it feels like to be cool and not sweaty 24/7. I have been in a summer for about 7 months now. it's hot...must be summer (or Uruguay). and last Saturday it was my companions birthday and I bought him and me some ice cream. it was super dulce de leche and it was really yummy, but really expensive. and that night we had 2 parties too. and there was a ton of food and it was great. there was cake pizza cookies and juice. then we went to a members house for another party. the member is kind of crazy but her granddaughter was there. and she is the most beautiful girl I have ever met. so I took a picture hahahaha. and we ate even more food and also received a call from the president to wish him a happy birthday. that's cool about grandma. I hope she is really happy there. I'm glad she finally moved off the mountain. it's better that way. hey I was thinking...and I really want grandma to paint me a picture of Jesus, like the one you guys have. so when I get home I can have it on my wall. so could you ask her if she could do it and I will be willing to pay her for it too. that would be one of the best things if she could, but if not that's fine too. and when I ask for stuff in my emails, because it seems like I do it a lot, it's not needed right away. its ideas for future packages. so don't feel pressure to send me stuff. and I'm working on the pictures. I just need to buy a converter for my memory card so I can hook it up to the computer. then I can send pictures thru email. and don't be scared to send pictures thru email too.
Con Amor Elder Salmond- capo, guapo, snaker
PS if you could send pictures of my baptism, of Courtland's too, and of the house and of the entire family like cousins aunts uncles that kind of stuff that would be really sweet. remember I love you all
Con Amor Elder Salmond- capo, guapo, snaker
PS if you could send pictures of my baptism, of Courtland's too, and of the house and of the entire family like cousins aunts uncles that kind of stuff that would be really sweet. remember I love you all
No comments:
Post a Comment