Well some news is that we have another baptism this Saturday. It’s a boy named Lucas. His family is so freaking awesome. They just have a problem going to church. But with time and his baptism I think it will change. It’s interesting this third change with my companion... we both felt that we didnt put our 100 percent into the work our last change. So we are going to change that. The thing we struggle with the most is finding new people. It’s gone dry and for awhile so we need to start looking. So for the past week we have just been knocking doors or in Spanish touching doors ha-ha. And you get some pretty interesting people. For example we encountered a man who answered his door and he was butt naked and hairy and old and absolutely disgusting. And he asked if we were those Mormons and we said yes. He then slammed the door in our face. Normally this would be a sad ending to a story but for us we rejoiced. I didn’t want to talk to a naked man who was alone in his house for too long...we normally just get a shake of the finger which means no or most don’t even answer their door. But imp exhausted and it doesn’t help that I'm sick. I don’t know what it is but I’m always coughing and there is a rattling in my lungs. I called Sister Barney, she is the medical person for this mission, and she said just to take some medicine and some other stuff. I just need to buck up. Oh and yes I loved the interesting stories that you send. If you can find more you can send them to me. Which reminds me could you make a copy of that book that we always talk about and send it to me. And could you send a copy of Mormon doctrine by Bruce R McKonkie too. And you talked about a game called hearts. Could you send me the rules on that and the game we played in scouts while we were at Bear Lake? It was the one with all of the dice and cups. You can talk to bro moss about it. I just need some simple games to play. And I have decided I’m going to start putting a weird thing from Uruguay in all of my emails. So this weeks is...people here all say they are allergic to heat from chilies and stuff like that. And they all think it’s the most vile poison known to man. It’s hilarious. But they all drink wine and smoke. I wonder who is going to live longer hahahahahha....
2 Nephi 33:3
'...for I pray continually for them by day, and mine eyes water my pillow by night, because of them; and I cry unto my God in faith, and I know he will hear my cry.'
Oh and news that is fairly recent today in the stake center a bunch of missionaries were playing Futbol and one sister missionary named Hmashaw was there. And in her ward here there is a man who has an obsessive crush on her. Well he was there at the church waiting for her to leave. But our zone leaders saw him and asked what he was doing and he said I’m waiting for my Hma Shaw. And they said he needed to go. But he said no I’m not leaving without my Hma Shaw. And he said they would have to force him to leave. So one of our zone leaders named elder Nygard, who has been wrestling since he was 4 and is a freaking STUD. Picked him up wrestling style and started to carry him out. Well this man started to punch Elder Nygard in the back of the head. Then elder Nygard fell down and this man ran up and punched our other zone leader in the face. Then he left. And this man has been making some trouble for this sister missionary in the past and he has gone too far. I think they’re going to close their area or do changes or something. I’m so sad for her. I never saw this I was told by another missionary who was there. Freaking intense. If I was there I would have beat the day lights out of the guy. And this guy has his mission call to go serve in Argentina. What a loser...






Hi John,
ReplyDeleteHere are the rules for Liar's Dice / Pirates Dice, as written on Wikipedia. It's kind of hard to explain without playing, but Jake would probably remember if he read this.
Five six-sided dice are used per player, with dice cups used for concealment.
Each round, each player rolls their dice under their cups and looks at their new hand while keeping it concealed from the other players. The first player begins bidding, picking a face and a quantity. The quantity is the claim of how many of the chosen face have been rolled in total on the table. The 1s are often wild and count as the face of the current bid.
Each player has two choices during his turn: make a higher bid, or challenge the previous bid. Raising the bid means either increasing the quantity, or the face value, or both, according to the specific bidding rules used.
If the current player challenges the current bid, all dice are revealed. If the bid is valid, the bidder wins. Otherwise, the challenger wins.
Thanks!!!
ReplyDelete