Monday, April 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Luke!!!

Luke's 14th birthday was on April 1st. I can't believe he is 14. It seems like yesterday that I had him. His was the worst delivery and worst recovery ever but I'd do all again, look what I got out of it, an amazing son!!! He was excited all week long. The day of his birthday the whole family, including Lareen and Taylor, went and saw How to Train Your Dragon in 3-D. What a great movie. I would highy recommend it (plus the cute dragon reminded me of Sophie). The creepy part was the 50 year old couple behind us going at it. GROSS!!! It wasn't just a little smooch, it was full on make out mode. Finally at the end of the movie as we were leaving John yelled "get a room". My kids were totally creeped out (okay so was I). We came home and had birthday desert - cheescake and cookie dough ice cream. Then Luke finally got to open his presents. He got the Percy Jackson book series and the latest Fablehaven book. And then his "big" gift was Guitar Band Hero (I'm sure I'm not saying that correctly). It was really fun. It came with a guitar, drum set and microphone. John can really belt out Kung Fu Fighting. It was a great night. Friday night John and I took Luke to the Cheesecake Factory. We let him order whatever he wanted. So for an appetizer he ordered deep fried macaroni and cheese, the entree was a yummy pasta and then he got a slice of tuxedo cheesecake. I thought he was going to burst.

14 Reasons I love Luke...

1. He is so dang cute with his dark hair and dark eyes.
2. He has the most random facts in his head and is willing to share them with everyone!
3. He loves to sing (he's even in choir)
4. Not only does he love to sing he usualy has actions to go with the songs
5. He loves to read (a boy after my own heart)
6. He honors his priesthood
7. He can make friends with anybody
8. He still hugs and kisses me goodnight
9. He will massage my feet whenever I ask (he will be a great husband one day)
10. He is a real gentleman
11. He loves to laugh and make people laugh
12. He is very honest
13. He is so respectful to me
14. He is always wanting to learn new things.

I can't imagine life with out Luke. He makes our family c omplete! I wouldn't know what a quiet dinner would be (LOL). We love you Luke!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment