Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Fun Weekend... NOT!

Well we had a batch of car problems over the week end along with a date change for the Ward Christmas Party Shay is in charge of.

The Church Building Scheduler called Shay and said that the chapel was double booked and the other ward had it first. Shay takes excellent notes and a long time ago she had a conversation with him about the conflict. He assured her that we had this day and time and the other ward had moved. Well to make a long stressful event for Shay short she got it fixed and we pushed ours back three hours. We won't have all the cool decorations like before and not everyone can help, but what do you do.

Then on top of that Shay's van speedometer went out and part of the dash. Turns out it was a short in the brake resivour sensor and almost $400.00 dollars later and five days without a Van. We get it back tomorrow.

Then we were forced to drive my truck. Well it snowed really bad and I went to put my truck in the four wheel drive and that went out making my truck useless. Why? Because I had two balding tires that I moved to the back thinking my goods one would do wonderful on the front when I was in four wheel drive. That is going to cost us $60.00 just to get it looked at. I have dropped almost a grand into that thing lately. Oh well. Such is life. Everyone has problems and we are not alone.

To make matters worse we had to do tons of driving and it has been heavy snow storms this week. Shays Mother was kind enough to lend us her car.

Well that was brief and to the point. I am grateful the truck did not go out later because it may have gone out on Shay during the week because she would have needed it to go to work. That would have been bad. So it was a blessing that it went out when it did.

Cheers,
John...

No comments:

Post a Comment