My mom's birthday was Friday (November 6th). She turned 71 years old. I was thinking of listing 71 things I love about my mom but that seemed a little overwhelming. But I will tell you a few things I love about her. I can't ever remember my mom saying a bad thing about anybody. She always tries to find the positive in everyone and in every situation. I have great childhood memories of my mom. Our house was always immaculate but my mom never seemed "stressed" about keeping the house clean. She is an amazing cook and no matter what, we had a great home cooked meal on the table every night at 5:30. I also loved Thursdays because that was the day my mom baked. Cookies, pies, bread, rolls, you name it she baked it. My mom was also very good at sewing. She made a lot of my siblings clothes and items for the house. When ever something was torn my mom could fix it (not like me, if it looks bad, in the garbage!). My mom could also make a dollar go along ways. She is the most frugal person I know. Having said that we always had a nice home, clothes, and basically everything we needed but money was never spent in a silly way. My mom is one of the hardest working people I know. She could get up at 6 in the morning and not sit down until 8 at night. She could accomplish more in one day then most people do in an entire week. I remember calling to chat with her at 9 in the morning and my mom had already cleaned the house, baked 4 loaves of bread, changed all the beds, weeded the gardens and was starting on her next project. AMAZING!!!! I always felt safe and secure in my home because I knew my mom was always there. I could go on and on but I won't. My mom is loving, compassionate, funny, an amazing grandma and I admire her a lot. Happy Birthday Mom, I hope there's many more to come!!!
Shayleen...................
My take on Trump and NFL “Controversy”
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment