Well hello there. It turned back to hot weather here and I got sunburned. And it’s all humid. But it’s going to rain again today. But the last week of rain has been causing some problems here. First it gets everything wet. But Paysandú is next to a river and it actually flooded. It’s moved up an extreme amount. There was about 100 meters of land that’s now under water and it’s covered about 4 streets. People’s houses are flooded. They actually evacuated a part of my area and most of the zone leader’s area. It’s super sad. They had huge trucks carrying people out. And a bunch of people are going in and robbing the houses now. So everyone is going back to their flooded houses or not even evacuating in the first place. We actually went to the flooded part of the city and it’s a good 3 to 4 feet in some areas. The kids love it but they don’t understand how bad it is. And it’s interesting because it happened to one of the worst parts here in Paysandú. So that's a little news about our area. Oh and I forgot to mention that they just legalized abortion here in Uruguay. That sucks. Now everyone is going out and having sex and they won’t have any consequences to their actions. And they are about to legalize marijuana here too. I mean everyone smokes it but it’s not legal just yet. But they are working on it. I'm getting kind of scarred for this place. And on the news they say that the states are going in the same direction. Is that true? And how are the elections going? I voted for Romney and sent it in. I hope Obama does not win. He will make the country like here and I really don’t want that. But just let me know when you have a chance. Well the family room and TV sound exciting. I want to see some pictures when you can. I bet Halen is nervous. But he will do fine. He’s strong. Hahaha. But it’s normal. And he won’t even have to speak Spanish. So that’s one less thing to worry about. Wish him well for me. Oh and could you do me a favor. Could you send me more clothes? Like more missionary mall socks and some white shirts that are a little bit smaller. And the rest of my ties in my closet. That’s a lot to ask but if you can do it, that would help a ton. And we have this 49 year old investigator named Gabriela and she is golden. She wants to get baptized and she knows almost everything. And she went to church yesterday and to the conference. And she is a gimp. But she has a strong desire to follow Christ. And her daughter was there and she’s not a member and she told us that she knows that the church is true thru multiple prayers and spiritual things she has had. But she went back to Montevideo yesterday. So that was a bummer. But she’s going to get baptized on October 25. I’m super excited. And she was a reference from another ward. So that is something new and cool. But nothing else too exciting happened. So bye..
--
Con Amor Elder Salmond
My take on Trump and NFL “Controversy”
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment