Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Jake's e-mail today and his first transfer in the field...

So as you know transfers are today. That is why this email is a day late. Transfers are every 6 weeks. So just expect my email to be late every 6 weeks. And transfers are just a phone call from the zone leader. He calls and gives you your new companions name and where you will be transferred to or not. And it takes only 5 minutes, but it seems like forever to get the call. It's kind of funny because my compani9on has been in only two areas for 1 year. Funny. my transfer is.........a place called.......and it's in Spanish........and it's a little up north.......and......it.......is......Tacuarembó. It's really for north and it is really hot there because I was talking with Elder Elliott (he is the other gringo missionary in Dolores) and he was just there and said it's a really good place to be. So I'm leaving tonight at 3:30 in the morning and going all the way down to Montevideo and then going all the way up to Tacuarembó. The bus ride to Montevideo is 5 hours then to Tacuarembó is 6 hours. So it's going to be a long day I think. And I already packed today and I'm just waiting now. And today for p day we had lunch with a bunch of our friends/investigators/converts. It was really fun. I am going to miss Dolores but oh well that's the mission. A couple of other things I want to mention are that my shoe size down here is 44 to 46. So I don't know what scale that is one but you can Google it. And I'm so glad you took on my challenge with 2 Nephi 12:2. And yes the answer is UTAH. Crazy huh? I knew Utah was really special but the scriptures just verify it. I'm so glad you found the answer. At the beginning of last week there was a huge storm and it dumped so much water on us. We were walking then all of the sudden it felt like someone poured a bucket of water on me and within 1 second I was soaked. Crazy then it didn't stop until that night. And when we walked back to our apartment that night it was nuts because the trenches in front of people's houses (which are about 4 feet deep) were full and started to go into the street. The street was literally a river. And it was so cool and scary too. And while I have been here in Dolores I only got packages from you. And I got letters from you, and a sister missionary in Argentina (she is a friend from the MTC and a letter from brother Erickson. it was really nice of him. it helped me a lot. and about the Facebook thing. I want it for after my mission because we can't use Facebook, but I want it now so my friends and investigators can friend me on it. Then when I get home I will have all my contacts. And about the animals here. There is nothing really new or different. But there is a ton of dogs. In the street and as peoples pets. It's really crazy. It's common to see a dog just lying in the middle of the road. And they are just mainly mutts of all different sizes, colors, and breed. Just crazy. Amanda wouldn't like it here. And in one week I probably walk about 15 to 20 miles. But that is just an estimate. And I'm really jealous of all the good movies that are coming out. Man! I'm a little trunkie. Because of that and the email with all the pictures. It looks really nice. Did you have fun? I hope they will be happy. Wish them the best for me please. Well I love you all and I'll have a really good spiritual thought next week...from Tacuarembó...
-- 
Con Amor Elder Salmond- capo, guapo, snake







No comments:

Post a Comment