Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Price of cool air...

We discovered a few days ago that out upstairs furnace was leaking water all over the place. I tried to fix it with my limited skills but did not succeed. We finally had to call in the big boys or the repair tech. So $240.00 later we have a working air conditioner. The coils were dirty in the back which takes special cleaning. Because it was dirty it kept freezing cause excess water and over flowage. Serious bummer. Made for some sleepless nights. He also recommended that we get an attic fan which I have heard works very well. That will have to wait even though August is the hottest month. On a side note Sophie being the aggressive puppy watch dog kept barking at him trying to act tough. Shay let him know that she was acting tough and was just a puppy. He said after Shay said that, "with that collar?" Kind of hard to act touch with a pink collar and the word 'Diva' spelled out in fake diamonds. Aaargh!!! Ggrrrr!!!

John...

2 comments:

  1. Bummer guys. I totally understand unpredictable expenses. Doesn't that make you want to cry? I think we put over 2k into my SUV this year. Being an adult sucks sometimes. Sophie sure is cute though. And I think it's entirely possible to be tough in pink!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least Sophie thinks she is tough.

    Ya, the money thing is a joy. We have two vehicles to register so I think we have more to come. Yeah!!!

    ReplyDelete